What Is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an alternative system of medicine. Homeopathy is a western medicine and the second most widely used medicine in the world, next to Chinese Medicine. The name “homeopathy” comes from the Greek words, homoion means similar and pathos means suffering. It is a natural form of medicine based on the nature’s law of cure called law of similars (like cures like.) If a substance produces similar symptoms of a disease in a healthy individual, then the same substance can cure the identical symptom in a sick individual. It is gentle safe and extremely effective system of medicine where medicines are prepared from natural substances. They work by stimulating the healing mechanism of one’s own body.
Homeopathic medicine emerged in the late 1700’s from the scientific studies of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843). Hahnemann discovered that the bitter cinchona plant if taken by a healthy person produces malaria like symptoms. So, he deduced that all the medicines cure the sickness because of this ability of producing the same symptoms in a healthy person. He named this as the “Law of similars”. Since then, homeopathy has been documented as one of the most efficacious systems of medicine with over 200 years of clinical success in hundreds of medical journals and numerous recent clinical studies.
10 Reasons Why Choose Homeopathy?
- Homeopathic medicines have been in use for over 200 years by millions of people.
- They are exceptionally effective especially when correct medicine is prescribed.
- The results turn out to be fast, quick, complete, stable and permanent. They don’t treat the patient superficially but treats the patient from within.
- They are extremely safe and free from side effects. It can be used by people of all ages. It can be successfully used for infants, babies, pregnant women without any hesitation and danger.
- They are completely harmless and can be easily taken in alongside with other medicines without reacting with them. They do not produce any unwanted side effects.
- They are obtained from natural substances found in our environment.
- Homeopathic remedies work in harmony with the immune system to depict its best results. It helps to boost and balance the immune system instead of suppressing it.
- We can stop taking Homeopathic medicine once the healing has occurred and we have achieved the cure. We don’t get addicted to them.
- Homeopathy has a holistic approach. It considers patient as a whole and does not focus on just one symptom or organ or disease. It treats all your symptoms as one. Once the patient gets treated the symptoms usually do not relapse.
- It usually gives long lasting to permanent cure by treating the root of the disease.
Myths About Homeopathy
Myth: Homeopathy is slow to act
Fact: Homeopathic is fast acting in various acute conditions like fever, diarrhoea, injury, infections etc. People usually prefer taking homeopathy for chronic cases which itself takes a long time to cure. Sometime people even come to a homeopath as a last resort. They have already complicated their case by delaying and trying different treatment that have not helped them. So chronic and complicated cases take time to cure, so people think the homeopathic is slow to act. Actually, Homeopathic treatment is faster in ailments like allergy, asthma, migraine, eczema and various other skin diseases.
Myth: Homeopathy is helpful only in chronic cases. It has no role in the treatment of acute conditions.
Fact:Homeopathy is really helpful in all kinds of acute ailments. Homeopaths at Apple health clinic have cured and helped patients in acute conditions like diarrhoea, cough, cold, fever and even in cases of injury. Patients get relief from blunt injuries very quickly.
Myth: Homeopathy first worsen the symptoms initially and then cures the disease.
Fact: This is not true. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects. If in case there is any aggravation in symptoms, they usually occur either due to the natural course of the disease or leaving other treatment perhaps that were suppressing the disease rather than curing and healing it.
Myth: While taking Homeopathic medication, other conventional and complementary medical treatment can’t be taken.
Fact: Actually, homeopathy believes in holistic approach and in cases where a homeopath thinks that the patients’ needs to seek an advice from other system of medicines, they rather refer them to other practitioners. In some cases, like hypertension or diabetes or some cardiac ailments patients continue the use of lifesaving drugs along with the homeopathic treatment.